Is your boyfriend cheating on you? There’s an app for that too

On: November 3, 2011
Print Friendly
About Wouter Timmermans
27 years old, passion for European art-house cinema, Starcraft II player, Chairman of Filmtheater de Uitkijk, Studying MA New Media @ UvA, love travelling in Asia, interested in open source data, concerned about the future of cinema in a new digital world, dislike populists in the Netherlands.

With new smart phones and GPS tracking, it’s possible to find and locate the position of other smart phones and the human body that goes with it. But is this legal? Does privacy still exist? Japanese women apparently don’t care about privacy; they just want to know why their boyfriend is late for dinner for the fourth time this month. Luckily there is an app for them now!

On 30th of august an android app called Kare Log (Boyfriend Log) was launched by a Japanese app developer named Manuscript. This app is allowing the owner of the software to track smartphone GPS data via their PC or smartphone. This app localizes the position of the smartphone, remaining battery life and call history. So if a boyfriend (or girlfriend) were cheating, the phone’s location would reveal his whereabouts, the battery life info would cancel the: “I’m sorry my phone was out of juice excuse” and the information in the call history would instantly reveal the person he or she is seeing.

Obviously the complaints were huge and not only boyfriends were upset but even the Japanese government started asking questions. The biggest party who opposed the app was antivirus software developer McAfee who said: “this app is a potentially unwanted program or PUP, because it acts like spyware and does not show itself clearly on the smartphone. Developer Manuscript updated Kare Log and now it was displayed on the smartphone running the app. In Japan it is legal to track the location of a smartphone as long as an individual sign up for this service. Eventually Manuscript pulled the app and published a public excuse on their website stating:

“We were still a largely unknown company, so I thought that we could grab attention by focusing on anti-cheating programs, but we went too far,” Manuscript’s President Yoshinori Miura said. “I didn’t think we get so much criticism.”

But what about the Find My Friends app released by Apple on the new iOS 5? Find My Friends was announced during the Apple keynote on October 4, 2011.  With Find My Friends, users can follow people and track where their iOS device is. Users can also share their location with the people they choose. Location is determined using GPS and notifications appear when a user requests another user to see where they are. This feature can be turned of or on at any time. Find My Friends synchronizes with other application such as Maps and Contacts.

A few days after the release of Find My Friends a user on MacRumors.com posted an entry on how he turned his wife’s iPhone into a what he calls: spyPhone.

“I got my wife a new 4s and loaded up find my friends without her knowing. She told me she was at her friend’s house in the east village. I’ve had suspicions about her meeting this guy who lives uptown. Lo and behold, Find my Friends has her right there. I just texted her asking where she was and the dumb ***** said she was on 10th Street!! Thank you Apple, thank you App Store, thank you all. These beautiful treasure trove of screen shots going to play well when I meet her at the lawyer’s office in a few weeks. Thankfully, she’s the rich one.”

The problem with these kinds of apps is that supposedly all your friends say yes to your request, because they are your friends and if they would say no they are probably hiding something. Here is an example of how you might use it:

Me:              “where is John? My party started 1 hour ago!”
Friend:        “He just called. He said he is on his way here.”
Me:              “Really? Because according to this app he is still behind his TV.”

It seems that we are approaching a moment with smart phones that we reached a few years back with computers in general. For years spyware was available to users who wanted to spy on loved ones and friends. Now it’s even closer and not only on our computer but also our smart phones. There are also positive sides to these applications like parental control and when your phone is stolen it’s a tool to get your phone back.

Do we gradually move towards a society of self-surveillance? With millions of people on Facebook feeding companies information about themselves the next step is your location. Facebook already owns the present, with Timeline they want to own the past. Maybe they can own the future as well. With your GPS information in their database it won’t be difficult to find a pattern and thus predicting your next move. Christian Fuchs talks about Surveillance 2.0 on Facebook in his article: New Media, Web 2.0 and surveillance:

“Web 2.0 surveillance is a form of surveillance that exerts power en domination by making use of specific qualities of the contemporary Internet, such as user-generated content and permanent dynamic communication flows. It can be characterized as a system of panoptic sorting, mass self-surveillance and personal mass dataveillance. Facebook is a prototype example of web 2.0 surveillance that serves economic ends.”

It is amazing that location based apps like Kare log and Find My Friends have such an impact on our lives. A video currently making the rounds about a baby so used to playing with iPads, thinks a magazine is “broken”.

This opens up a discussion of how technology transforms us and how this changes our own biological OS. So what about the apps mentioned above? Will these surveillance apps transform how we operate as well? The baby in the video expects a magazine page to be interactive; will we start expecting our friends to be constantly available to us? We almost expect everyone to have a social media account, are we going to expect everyone to volunteer their location at all time to us too? If a friend chooses NOT to be tracked, will we assume they are up to no good? I’m afraid we are more and more turning into a distrusting surveillance society and that can’t be good thing.

138 Responses to “Is your boyfriend cheating on you? There’s an app for that too”
  • June 5, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your very best to hire only professionals. hackintechnology@gmail.com will increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark. contact him via email/phone hackintechnology@gmail.com 13057712040

• June 8, 2017 at 3:36 am

My name is Kate Morgan, i was able to spy on my cheating ex-Husband phone without him finding out…..it really helped my lawyer during my divorce i have been scammed so many times but reallifehackers is the best hacker i have met he helped me regain my freedom and lost money by scammers …you can contact hackjunkies@gmail.com for spying and hacking phones,computer,email,Facebook and other social networks account,his services are cheap …hackjunkies@gmail.com or Text +13156755702 please tell him kate referred you

• June 9, 2017 at 4:37 am

– Get any password from any Email Address.
    – Get any password from any Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
    – Cell phone hacking (whatsapp, viber, line, wechat, etc)
    – Grades changes (institutes and universities)
    – Websites hacking, pentesting.
    – IP addresses and people tracking.
    – Hacking courses and classes.

Our services are the best on the market and 100% secure and discreet guaranteed.

Just write us and ask for your desired service:
    OUR EMAIL ADDRESS: hacktech01@gmail.com, +15075818322

• June 9, 2017 at 4:47 am

hacktech01@gmail.com. i am very suspicious of my fiance of two years now that he’s cheating on me,he has changed passwords to every account that he has, plus put a pin lock on his phone, i have been searching for ways to retrieve his text messages without installing any software on his phone or having access to it,so far i am not having any luck.we have a 19 year history together,plus a beautiful 18 year old daughter & this is eating me up inside. But i finally burst on this page from Google and found the God eye who changed my whole story for good! He help me hack his FB, his emails and his phone number and i got to see all his messages and apps from his phone. only for me to found out he’s cheating and have a one years old son out there without my consent but i thank the God eye for letting me know all this and am moving on fine with my life and my daughter. Hurray!! Get to him on hacktech01@gmail.com

• June 9, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your very best to hire only professionals. cyberhackpros@gmail.com will increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark.contact him via email/phone CYBERHACKPROS@GMAIL.COM or +1 916 378 4978 Tell him i reffered you.He will help you

• June 11, 2017 at 4:29 pm

I have used cyberhackanswers@gmail.com quite a number of times and they have never disappointed me.They helped me monitor my Spouse phone when I was gathering evidence during the divorce. I got virtually every information my Spouse has been hiding over the months easily on my own phone: the spy app diverted all his whatsapp, facebook, text messages, sent and received through the phone: I also got his phone calls and deleted messages. she could not believe her eyes when she saw the evidence because she had no idea she was hacked. they do all types of mobile hacks and computer hacks,you get
    unrestricted and unnoticeable access to your partner/spouse/anybody’s social account, email,E.T.C Getting the job done is as simple as sending an email to cyberhackanswers@gmail.com stating what you want to do.

• June 11, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Dark minds delivers a quality and fast service, they have proven to be excellent for their reputation in creating an mspy application. This application was able to give me a victory on my divorce case. Mspy application as a delivery service of all incoming and outgoing messages, accessing locations, getting all information about call logs and viewing of various chatting application messages.
    Visit darkminds007@gmail.com
    They are tested and trusted

• June 12, 2017 at 12:51 pm

If you need to hack into any database, delete records, improve credit score,website, email, mobile phone (call, text message, Whatsapp, bbm), social network (fbk, twitter, Instagram) change your grades, find your target password (friends, wife, husband, boss, girl, boy friends) to know if they are cheating or not. ( he saved my relationship Tell him Loya ) …Contact jack, Email ; (dhackerjack@gmail.com ) .Whatsapp :: +60167569133

• June 15, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your

very best to hire only professionals. hackintechnology@gmail.com will

increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the

services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent

solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer

experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the

dark. contact him via email/phone hackintechnology@gmail.com 13057712040

• June 16, 2017 at 8:39 am

I was scammed twice , no one wants to be on the losing side . But recently i came across a good hacker who helped me hack my boyfriends phone showing his text messages, whatsapp, Facebook and his location remotely..You don’t have to touch his phone while you have access to his conversations through the software he sent me as a link to install on my phone , i dont know how he did this but he’s perfect at it…..contact darkminds007@gmail.com Tell him BELLA DAVIES referred you, then you can thank me later GOD BLESS.

• June 19, 2017 at 8:58 am

If you are worrying about your partner , and are always thinking of a medium, that will help you keep an eye on them, then mobile tracker/phone track is just the answer you are looking for. Prevent your life of lies and troubles. This tracker can also be used as a online backup tool, monitor spy app as well as anti thieves. If somebody stole the phone of your partner you can track everything on the phone, with or without an internet connection.

Features

– Locate phone position with high accuracy.

– Record phone calls with high quality audio.

– Listen surrounding environment, record phone surrounding.

– Read SMS : default SMS, Whatsapp, Viber.

– Track social network chatting: Facebook, Skype, Gtalk, Hangouts, Yahoo Messenger.

– Track Emails: default email, Gmail, view emails in rich content.

– Track browsing history: default browser, chrome, firefox.

– Read entire contact list: Phone number and Email address.

– Monitor applications.

– Access pictures and videos taken by the target phone.

– All history data comes with time and coordinates.

– Notifications: Sim Card changed notification.

– External Storage Manager: view folder and files.
    Contact
    spectervoid1@gmail.com.

• June 20, 2017 at 12:00 pm

i met a guy called Sam ,he helped me hack into my spouse INSTAGRAM,KIK,FACEBOOK AND GMAIL. Now i can monitor my spouse day to day messages and activities with out him knowing .he is very kind and i compensated him after his services. contact him at : cyberphoneways@gmail.com.
    Number:+16066579237.
    INSTAGRAME: Samhoffman3..
    …you can try him out

• June 21, 2017 at 7:19 am

If you know you not are ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I and my wife has been married for some years now,Lately she has been hiding her phone from me and keeping Late nights. I was curious about her cheating on me.I had no proof and no one to run to.I contacted a Private investigator who linked me up with Mr James(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email. He understood me well and helped me spy on my cheating wife.He gave me the password to my wife’s Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth. He showed me proof of work and I just want to openly say thank you. Contact him today if you need help. Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com

• June 21, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Basically think we all don’t have to face all these deceit and lies from our spouse…
    in a case of mine when i got sick and tired of all the lies and deceit i had to contact a friend of mine to get me the
    Contact of one of the best hackers in the states.
    just contact him on cyberprofessionalhacker@gmail.com he is 100%

• June 23, 2017 at 1:38 am

I have been with a cheating spouse before and trust me I know how it feels, those suspicions are not mere paranoia. If you suspect that he is cheating, he might actually be..I hired a PI who helped me install monitoring bugs on his phone that diverted all his messages( facebook, whatsapp, text messages, and even phone calls) to my phone;(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com ) is the man for the job with a very high level of professionalism and highly reliable. I really enjoyed working with him and the few friends I told have been nothing but thankful to me for the referral.

• June 24, 2017 at 12:42 am

Help me thank hacckintechnology after being scammed of $1500 he helped me find my cheating wife he helped hack her whatsapp gmail and kik and i got to know that she was cheating on me , in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything hackintechnology is trust worthy and affordable contact hackintechnology@gmail.com IF U Need Any Help ?
    *University grades changing
    *Word Press Blogs hack
    *Text message interception hack
    *email interception hack
    – See more at:HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.com

• June 24, 2017 at 1:53 am

Visit darkminds007@gmail.com
    They are tested and trusted.

• June 26, 2017 at 4:22 pm

*Android & iPhone Hack
    *Word Press Blogs hack
    *Text message interception hack
    *email interception hack
    – See more at:HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.com

• July 3, 2017 at 1:52 pm

My wife was so smooth at hiding her infidelity so I had no proof for months, I was referred to some hacker and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating wife’s text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone conversations was wired directly to my cellphone. CYBERHACKPRO@GMAIL.COM helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on her and I got concrete evidence and he showed me proof..if your spouse is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him via email/phone CYBERHACKPROS@GMAIL.COM or +1 916 378 4978 Tell him i reffered you.He will help you

• July 4, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Number:+16066579237.
    INSTAGRAME: Samhoffman3..
    …you can try him out?

• July 6, 2017 at 2:17 am

• July 6, 2017 at 11:57 am

Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating

ex phone without finding out…..it really helped me during my divorce …you

can contact (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM) call and text (305) 771-2040 for

spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more,

viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy

call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS

location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are AFFORDABLE

……………………………… ONLY GOD CAN THANK HIM FOR HIM

• July 9, 2017 at 10:55 am

i met a guy called Sam ,he helped me hack into my spouse INSTAGRAM,PAYPAL,KIK,FACEBOOK AND GMAIL. Now i can monitor my spouse day to day messages and activities with out him knowing .he is very kind and i compensated him after his services. contact him at : cyberphoneways@gmail.com.
    Number:+16066579237.
    INSTAGRAME: Samhoffman3..
    …you can try him out’];.

• July 11, 2017 at 3:04 am

Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating ex phone without finding out…..it really helped me during my divorce …you can contact (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM) call and text (305) 771-2040 for spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more, viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are AFFORDABLE ……………………………… ONLY GOD CAN THANK HIM FOR HIM

• July 12, 2017 at 8:28 pm

• July 13, 2017 at 9:05 pm

• July 14, 2017 at 9:41 pm

I was being cheated and abused, I had to know the truth and I saw reviews about Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com. I contacted them and they helped me spy on my husbands phone.i got all messages with him and his lover and also he gave me all evidence against him in courth. I just want to thank Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com for helping me regain myself from being cheated on. Contact him: Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com if you need help

• July 16, 2017 at 9:46 pm

My name is ,Wouter Timmermans i was able to spy on my cheating ex-wife phone without her finding out…it really helped my lawyer during my divorce i have been scammed so many times but (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) is the best hacker i have met he helped me regain my freedom and lost money by scammers …you can contact Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com for spying and hacking phones,computer,email,Facebook and other social networks account,his services are cheap …Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com ,please tell him I referred you

• July 17, 2017 at 11:22 pm

If you need to hack into any database, delete record, improve credit score, spy on whatsapp, text, phone, emails, as long as it’s hack contact jack @v ia Email :: dhackerj7@gmail.com //. Whats-App ::+60167569133 he is great, you won’t be disappointed, cheap and fast, he saved my relationship Tell him Loya

• July 18, 2017 at 7:57 pm

If you know you not are ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I and my wife has been married for some years now,Lately she has been hiding her phone from me and keeping Late nights. I was curious about her cheating on me.I had no proof and no one to run to.I contacted a Private investigator who linked me up with Mr James(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email. He understood me well and helped me spy on my cheating wife.He gave me the password to my wife’s Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth. I just want to openly say thank you. Contact him today if you need help. Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com .

• July 18, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Do you suspect your spouse of cheating, are you being overly paranoid or seeing signs of infidelity…I was in that exact same position when I was referred to Mr james who helped me hack into my spouse phone, it was like a miracle when he helped me clone my spouse phone and I got first-hand information from my spouse phone. Now I have all incoming and outgoing text messages, emails, call logs, web browsing history, photos and videos, instant messengers(facebook,whatsapp,bbm,IG etc) , GPS locations, phone tap to get live transmissions on all phone conversations..if you need help contactact Mr james (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email

• July 19, 2017 at 1:00 am

I had victory over my cheating ex-wife on my divorce case through the help of an hacker who created a Cspy software which provides information like incoming and outgoing text messages, call logs, position and location at a particular time, recorded voice messages, which update within every 6 hours .
    Contact spectervoid1@gmail.com for a secure and fast delivery service.

• July 22, 2017 at 12:49 am

Specter Void provide a large network of hacking services on the cyber network they have a categorized way of detailing their services to their clients and also an independent way of dealing with functions like :
    Mobile spy application (Mspy application) :an application pack which contains details including incoming and outgoing calls, location and text messages.
    * Deleting of Database.
    * Email Hacking .
    * Hacking of School Portal.
    contact @ spectervoid1@gmail.com

• July 22, 2017 at 2:47 am

Hello If you know you not are ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I and my wife has been married for some years now,Lately she has been hiding her phone from me and keeping Late nights. I was curious about her cheating on me.I had no proof and no one to run to.I contacted a Private investigator who linked me up with Mr James(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email. He understood me well and helped me spy on my cheating wife.He gave me the password to my wife’s Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth. I just want to openly say thank you. Contact him today if you need help. Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com

• July 24, 2017 at 3:27 am

Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating ex phone without finding out…..it really helped me during my divorce …you can contact (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM) call and text (305) 771-2040 for spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more, viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are AFFORDABLE ……………………………… ONLY GOD CAN THANK HIM FOR ME

• July 24, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Hello readers, this is for those who need help in hacking. FUTUREHACK02@GMAIL.COM is the best hacker for hire. i have used them so many times and he never fails me he is the best hacker i have ever employed . They render services in hacking for various purpose such as *Cheating Spouse *University grades changing *Bank accounts hack *Twitters hack *email accounts hack *Grade Changes hack *Website crashed hack *server crashed hack *Retrieval of lost file/documents *Erase criminal records hack *Databases hack *Sales of Dumps cards of all kinds *Untraceable Ip *Individual computers hack *Websites hack *Facebook hack *Control devices remotely hack *Burner Numbers hack *Verified Paypal Accounts hack *Any social media account hack *Android & iPhone Hack *Word Press Blogs hack *Text message interception hack *email interception hack Contact : FUTUREHACK02@GMAIL.COM
    DM him on Instagram: futurehack02